Tim asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

Why was EC3 so badly misused in WWE?

Does this go beyond the TNA treatment?

• Candle

I do think part of it is the fact that his kayfabe last name is Carter.  I do, but it's not the whole thing.  Mind you, this guy came up looped in with a six pack of other NXT talents all at once for no apparent reason in 2018.  Those five other names consisted of Lacey Evans, who was Vince McMahon's ideal female wrestler, Lars Sullivan who was destined to fail due to nerves and past sins, Nikki Cross who took awhile to find her footing despite all of her ready made charisma and talent (and still she's slumming it in the women's tag division), Heavy Machinery who never conjured up anything to do as a tandem but Otis broke out this year, and then there was EC3.  There's not a talent on that list, barring unforeseeable events, that shouldn't have been paint-by-numbers booked successfully, and yet what are half of them doing right now on WWE television? a whole lot of nothin'.  Why? Because their ascension to the main roster wasn't predestined.  There was seemingly no vision for any of them and there still isn't.  Besides the main roster being bloated and Vince essentially throwing darts randomly at an NXT roster sheet, they were also hurt by the fact that another crop of rando talents were called up en masse three months later.

So I don't think it's solely 'Burn the TNA trash', I think it's something far more insulting.  I think WWE just had no idea of what to do with a charismatic, jacked, and decent in-ring superstar.  He was brought up with the rest in some strange attempt to pop the ratings and make some noise.

• He tried to sleep with Stephanie McMahon?? How are we supposed to know? I'm going to assume Vince McMahon was not a fan of his gimmick. Maybe he felt that EC3 was not getting over with the main crowd, so he pulled back on his push. Only Vince McMahon has the answer to your question.

• Hector

He refused to job to Dean Ambrose and also stole Booby Lashley's steroids and blamed it on Heath Slater thus getting him fired

Just bad booking on the main roster.