Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Anybody know where I can get free therapy over the phone? I’m a broke college student with severe anxiety and then depression, please help?

Consult with universities that have a counseling program - the students can assist you and they are supervised.

NY and  Boston Samaritans are pretty good. Especially NY. Google for the numbers 

Yes.  Call pastors of Bible-believing churches.  I recommend Baptist although not all of them are good.  They will probably counsel you  and pray for you over the phone.   There is also  free therapy in the Bible.   I recommend starting in the New Testament, Gospel of John first.  If you have never asked Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior, I urge you to do so.  He is a faithful friend.  Confess all known sin to God and ask His forgiveness.  Ask Jesus to save you.  Pray.  I'll pray for you  too.  Look up Philippians 4:6-8 regarding anxiety.  Jesus died for your sins and rose again the third day that you might avoid hell and have a home in heaven.  He will  help you and bless you in this life also.  He changed my life .  He can change yours.  2 Corinthians 5:17. 

Free therapy may not always be the best therapy. Most therapists will give you their best if you pay them something for their time. 

Go to www.psychologytoday.org and on webpage, and click on TODAY, then go to ALL and select the condition that fits you. I suggest your sending an email first to inquire whether you can talk with a professional on the phone. If you click on ANXIETY, read the various data that may answer your questions.

Good Luck.

harrald

Only crisis lines, does your school have a health dept? Ask there. They often have these services. There are lo cost mental health clinics as well, just not on the phone