Does anyone know of any apartments that accept broken leases?

I'm looking for apartments that will accept broken leases in the Houston, Spring Texas area. If you know of any, please let me know. I am trying to move asap. I greatly appreciate your help!

Try using an apartment locator service. They will probably be your best resource. I wouldn't expect to be in the nicest of apartment homes, but don't settle for the least desirable, either. Most that will accept a broken lease will probably want an additional deposit. That could vary from being double the regular deposit to being as high as one months rent for the deposit.

The only way they would find out is if it is on your credit report. Pull your credit report and see. Of course they might ask on the application where you lived before. Tell them you were renting a house, and the owners moved out of state (no need to know new number).... and you are staying with a friend. Now if your drivers' license has an address on it that is recognizable as an apartment building, then either have your license changed, or you are kind of out of luck.

• R P

Look on craigslist for "no credit check" apartments.  That's probably your best bet.

What?  Are you going to gift him with one?