Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Can't move out because of my dog?

What can I do? I want to move very badly but can't leave the dog that lives here. I've changed her life by loving her more than anyone ever did. I pay more attention to her than anyone. She sleeps in my bed.

take her with you when you move out

If it's your dog, you pick up, pack up and leave with the dog.  Seems rather simple to me.

What is the issue?

I really don't understand what's going on there.   If the dog is 'your dog' then why can't you leave, taking the dog with you?   If the dog belongs to somebody else, then you have to make up your mind whether to move out and leave the dog with his owner(s), or stay put.   Presumably the dog got along fine before you moved in - sleeping on your bed or not.  Dogs tend to be fical, and live in the moment (much as there are some who bond completely with one person)

I guess this is totally your decision.

• Jojo

Your post is not very clear. 

Do you actually own the dog? Or does it belong to someone else in the household.

You state its `MY dog`.

If so, take the dog with you when you move.

If not, then you either stay where you are or leave the dog, who managed well enough before you came onto her life, and move.

There is not enough info to be able to help you more.

Just because you love the dog and show her attention and allow her to sleep  in your bed, does not mean she was actually unhappy before you arrived.

If you move, YOU will probably be a lot more upset than the dog, who will just accept you are not there any more and will carry on as she did before. 

As I say, more info needed, to give a more precise answer.

• mokrie

Can't you take the dog with you? Ask others if you can.