What is your critique about my photograph?

I am learning to be a good photographer. I did make this photo less messy. More minimal

• Sumi

The two main focus points of any photo critique are the technical and artistic aspects of the photo and how it was created.

On a technical level, the image is underexposed and it has a weird color cast to it, too.  Otherwise, it's in focus.

On an artistic level, the image is without a main subject.  As the viewer, I see rather uninteresting clouds and nothing else.  What am I supposed to be looking at?

Why is the top part darker?  It may just be the way the sky naturally darkens, but if you used an app/filter, then the use of such a filter to darken the top part is not a good thing here.

Overall the image is not bad, it's not good either.

Ask yourself: why did you take this shot?  Pretty clouds?  Okay, that is fine.  The answer doesn't have to be profound.  But if you want to make a photograph of clouds, then you need to find clouds that are much more interesting and impactful than those in your posted shot.  Clouds by themselves makes for a tough type of photo to make and make interesting.  You need better lighting such as one with the god rays.  Incorporating a foreground and middle ground is critical in almost all landscape photos. Taking photos of just clouds is fine; it's been done well by many photographers for nearly 100 years - just do a search for: "Stieglitz Clouds."  But like I stated, the clouds must be impactful or have a very strong form.  Random, small puffy clouds usually won't cut it.

Keep trying.  Clouds seem like an easy subject, but when you get down to it, it's not so easy to get compelling images of just clouds.

You aimed your camera at the sky and took a picture. I would not call that photography.

There'a no focal point to the image - nothing catches or holds the eye.  If there was any reason for taking this picture I can't see it.

It is out of focus the clouds are wires are blurry. I assume the two lines at the bottom of the photo are wires anyway. It isn't much of a photo of anything really. The only positive thing is that the clouds tend to go up to the right hand top corner which is conventionally a positive direction.

Not very exciting

Practice makes perfect