My hours were cut but does the amount of money you make matter when trying to get partial unemployment in nj?

I was on full unemployment when my job shut down due to covid-19. I have been recalled to work but my hours are being cut. According to the unemployment website if you normally work 40 hours per week and your hours are cut to 32 hours per week or less you will be eligible for partial unemployment.

I usually work 40 hours and my hours were cut to 30 hours per week however my weekly checks will gross $480 per week. Is this too much to get partial unemployment? 

When I was on full unemployment my weekly benefit amount was $350.

Here is the link explaining partial unemployment, can anyone make sense of this for me. Thanks.

https://myunemployment.nj.gov/before/about/calcula...

Yes.  What it says is that your benefits are reduced (but not increased) and they subtract what you make from 1.2 times your week benefit amount.

If you make less than 20% of your weekly benefit amount, then you still get the full amount.

If you make between 20% of your weekly benefit amount and 1.2 times your weekly benefit amount, then they multiply your weekly benefit amount by 1.2 and subtract what you make.

But if you make more than 1.2 times your weekly benefit amount, then the reduced amount would be less than zero, so you get nothing.

• Judy

Yes it does.  Rules vary by state, but usually if you're still making more than full unemployment would be, you'r not eligible.  But apply and find out.

Since working will earn you $130 a week more than unemployment, you will no longer receive unemployment.