Fiona asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Did the quarantine ruin your year or make it better?

I think both for me. I discovered new things and got more creative and bolder with a mask but I miss the movies and going anywhere I want to with friends

it made it better . more time to think about things . and people are really showing what they are made of during this time .

It changed it a lot but didn't ruin it.

• audrey

It totally ruined my whole life. I'm partially deaf and lip read. Cannot do that with masks, so now I live in a world with no communication.

Well, my father was diagnosed with Stage 4 kidney cancer on President's Day weekend with metastases in his brain that had started a brain bleed.  The overreaction to Covid hampered our ability to get him quality treatment at times and slowed our response.  When he eventually got too ill to stay at home and went into the hospital about two weeks before he passed away, the family wasn't allowed to visit him and a false diagnosis of covid delayed him getting the help he needed.  

In the end, he was going to pass either way, but covid ABSOLUTELY made the entire process harder and more painful.  Sorry, let me rephrase...the OVERREACTION to covid made it harder.  Covid itself had nothing to do with it.

So yeah, quarantine ruined my year. 

• Kathy

It has ruined it. My daughter could not have the birthday parties for her kids.