Will my car’s battery die if I do this?

I have a 07 Mazda 6 and I’m going to leave it on the airport’s parking for two weeks, will the battery die because of no use?

It will definitely be draining every single day. You should at the very least disconnect the negative battery terminal, and have jumper cables ready. You can also get a solar panel, a small waterproof charge controller, and put that in the front or back window of the car to keep it charged.

• David

It will be fine.

• Phil M

When you park it disconnect the negative battery cable and, assuming it starts fine now, you will be fine. That is the only advice I can give you as I have no idea what condition your battery or charging system is in.

Maybe, but only because the car battery is old.

Car is bought in 07 +7 yrs =14 +7 yrs= 2021

That is, IF your battery lasts 7 yrs normally(it was guaranteed for 60 months or 5 years so 7 is the maximum life.  It is getting weak even if you did not leave it for 2 weeks you would be looking at a new battery this year.

Depends on how hot it gets during that two weeks. Prolonged extreme heat is just as bad for batteries as extreme cold.

That doesn't mean the battery will 'die'. The expression 'dead battery' is a misnomer the way it's commonly used. A dead battery is a battery that has no more life - it will no longer hold a charge. What we call a dead battery is most of the time a drained battery, and this can happen to a new battery through things like extreme heat or cold, or simply not starting the vehicle and driving a short distance periodically, as happened to me and many others during the lockdown. I installed a new battery in February but I didn't drive that car much, and for a period of about 4 weeks from May into June, I didn't even start it.  Totally drained.  A jump and a 20-minute drive took care of it, now I make sure to take a short drive twice a week.

It depends on the age of the battery and the cold cranking amps at 0F which is stamped on the battery, usually on the top. An 07 Mazda doesn't draw many or any amps when the engine is off. The higher the cold cranking amps the better your chances are that your car will start at the end of two weeks. To be absolutely sure it will start ask a private mechanic to do an inexpensive *Battery Load Test a few days before you leave. This test will tell you the reserve amperage capacity of your battery. 

Depends on how many computers are on board and how many go into 'sleep mode' when not being driven. It wouldn't hurt to disconnect the battery while away. Chrysler has a fuse that can be easily pulled when the car/pickup will be setting more than a couple of weeks. Your owner's manual should address the problem. Disconnect the negative and there is no need to worry! It won't hurt anything disconnected except you may have to set the clock and stations on the radio. That's all.

If the battery is in good condition it should be fine. Just make sure you leave nothing on and you'll be okay. In any case, most airport parking lots have the means to jump start you if necessary.  

Two weeks?  No but only if your battery is relatively new.  If you had the battery since Obama was president, it might be dead when you come back.

u should get a solar car charger to keep ur battery charged in case

https://www.amazon.com/SUNER-POWER-Waterproof-Batt...