2002 dodge ram 1500 problem ?

I am having trouble with my 2002 dodge ram 1500, a code keeps coming up saying I need to replace the governor pressure solenoid...I have done that twice along with pcm , governor pressure sensor amongst other electrical components 

Still same code...it does shift up but will only shift down to 3rd gear...

Took it to the dealership and they wanted to charge me 600 bucks for the parts I just changed out...

Any help would be appreciated,  because right now I am thinking of selling it and I already invested 1200 bucks into it

• bo

find local shop at ATRA.COM for more help if solenoids have been replaced twice and code keeps coming back either a tcm problem or internal problem meaning it needs to be rebuilt. shop will let you know cheaper than the dealer price 

Source(s): transmission man

"a code keeps coming up saying I need to replace the governor pressure solenoid".  A code does not tell you to replace a part.  It just tells you it is not functioning as advertised.  

What is the trouble code?  If it is a solenoid, you have to check if it is getting power and ground.  Check the fuse and the relays (if it is getting indirectly by a relay).  You will need a scanner with directional control to actuate the solenoid and check power and ground at the connector to check wiring integrity.  You will also need a wiring diagram to see what you are dealing with.  The TCM could be shot.  Good luck.

• Scott

You need to have someone who knows what they're doing look at it. You've just been throwing parts at it.