Do we have to go to practices during the pandemic?

I am in a high school band that participates in various field shows. In August, we usually have a band camp the entire month and it is

required

. However, there is a pandemic outbreak and I just don't want to go. He has not canceled it at all but the school year is either virtual or a hybrid of 2 days in and the other days online. So is there any way that we don't have to go to these "required" practices?

• MS

That's not for anyone here to decide.  If he is allowed to hold band camp then he can expect participating band members to attend.  If you don't want to attend, then don't be in the band this year.  Refusing to participate just puts everyone at a disadvantage.

• drip

The band director will not have too much of say in this.  It will be decided by the school district.   They will make an announcement 

I mean you try rehearsing on a Zoom call.