Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Are climate alarmists so political because they're taught emotion rather than science in public schools?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Touchy feely subjects like "gender" studies have replaced American science.  Imagine going to an interview for an IT or health care job.  Tough under the best of circumstances, right?  Now imagine going to that interview and telling the interviewer about your women's studies major.

• yodi
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

lol .........................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, I was taught a good deal of science in school, and as a result I understand that if we don't stop burning fossil fuels, we may cause an existential catastrophe over the next few hundred years that will kill most living things on this Earth.  I am, however, resigned to the idea that this will happen, because some people are willing to willfully deny the possibility, even though doing so is either ignorant or evil.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have not voted in decades furthermore, suggesting that climate scientist are alarmist is meaningless, even Churchill was widely dismissed as an alarmist in the 1930s.  If any one disagrees with the scientist they can publish their rebuttals.

Schools I attended did teach us a lot of things and they encourage empathy, a prerequisite for any functional personal relationship.  Unless you want to have a relationship based on hate of course.

As Captain G. M. Gilbert, the Army psychologist assigned to watching the defendants at the Nuremberg trials, put it;  "In my work with the defendants (at the Nuremberg Trails 1945-1949) I was searching for the nature of evil and I now think I have come close to defining it. A lack of empathy. It’s the one characteristic that connects all the defendants, a genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow men. Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy.”

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope. Emotion isn't taught in schools.

• 1 month ago

Critical thinking is no longer taught, only unquestioning acceptance.

• 1 month ago

Yes. They're also used to getting a trophy for losing or even doing nothing. It's made them adult infants.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.