Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

I don't even know what to believe anymore?

First I used to believe the earth was flat but after watching some videos debunking it, I realized that was pure lies and stupidity.

Secondly I've actually come across some verses in the Bible that seem to contradict. Nehemiah 13:26-27 and Deuteronomy 21:10-13. Is interracial marriage a sin or not ? 

Thirdly I've been listening to a lot of scientists more on YouTube. Before I was willfully ignorant and would just assume they're all liars. But I tried to actually listen to them and they actually make a lot of sense.

What is happening to me ? My faith is shaken. I just want to know the truth and move on. 

Just chow down on some pie 🥧 

You’ll be fine 

Anyone over age 9 who believes in a flat earth in this day and age has a very low IQ or has never seen a TV.  

Interracial marriage is not a sin.  In the Old Testament, Jews were not to marry non-Jews.  We are not under Mosaic Law.  Neither Nehemiah 13:26-27 nor Deuteronomy  21:10-13 has anything to do with the race of the women involved.  Judaism is a religion, not  a race.  The New Testament tells us not be unequally yoked, meaning that a Christian should not marry a non-Christian.

Thirdly, why is your faith shaken by listening to scientists?  The devil likes to sidetrack Christians with issues like how old the earth is.  The Bible is not a science book but it even says that to the Lord a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day.  Psalm 1:1 tells us not to stand in the counsel of the ungodly.  Most scientists are not Christians.  Believe what you want about the age of the earth but don't cause strife.   It's a disputable matter.  What does it  have to do with the fact that a Savior died for your sins and rose again the third day so that you could avoid hell?   You don't believe in miracles?  How did the earth come to be?  How did  you happen to be born?  How is it that the Bible has survived for centuries?   Are  those not miracles?   It's obvious that there is an intelligent designer.  It's also obvious that humans have a sin problem.  

Interracial marriage is not a sin.

It was prohibited for the ancient Israel.

Psalm 106

34They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the LORD commanded them:

35But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works. 

36And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them. 

37Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils, 

38And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

1 Kings 11

1But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; 2Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

Exodus 34

11Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite. 12Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee: 13But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves: 14For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: 15Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; 16And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods. 17Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

Deuteronomy 7 

3Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. 4For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

As Christians, we have to look at this:

2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

I let you this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajqH4y8G0MI

Youtube thumbnail

i would just believe whats in the bible

IF you want the know the TRUTH, then continue to read and study the Word of God, and not so much the words of humans. i have read the entire Bible over 80 times in my life, and still learning. Woe to those who have not even read it one time and think they know something. lol.