Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Anybody else never cook with lemons or limes?

I never understood why people put lime and lemon juice in their chicken. Just salt pepper and a little garlic and it will taste phenomenal

Other people do it because they like the taste.

• Anytime you marinate something you want there to be some acid to help tenderise the meat.  Plus, it tastes good.  A fresh squeeze of lemon juice of a piece of salmon, arctic char or halibut also helps wake up the natural flavour of the fish.

...well is there a reason not to lol?

• 🦋

i use it for salmon and rarely chicken 

It also tastes phenomenal with a little citrus, or a good barbecue sauce, or a good marinara sauce, or numerous other combinations of flavors.

Actually lemons bring out the natural flavor of certain foods.So its always a go to for extra spice or passazzzzz

I use all that plus lemon. I slice the lemon crossways into very thin slices and put the slices under the skin. Gives it an awesome flavor jump.

• No. Besides, I don't see adding lemon or lime directly in Nigerian food. Yes, I have tasted lemon flavoured chicken, it is nice but I don't think it was needed.

One day I will learn how to make highly flavoured chicken with onion, tomato and big red pepper garnish on it. 

• geezer

What .. just salt, pepper and garlic ?

Nothing 'moist' at all ?

• kswck2

Shrimp scampi requires both lemons and lemon juice.