Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Anybody else never cook with lemons or limes?

I never understood why people put lime and lemon juice in their chicken. Just salt pepper and a little garlic and it will taste phenomenal

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Other people do it because they like the taste.

• Anytime you marinate something you want there to be some acid to help tenderise the meat.  Plus, it tastes good.  A fresh squeeze of lemon juice of a piece of salmon, arctic char or halibut also helps wake up the natural flavour of the fish.

• 1 month ago

...well is there a reason not to lol?

• 🦋
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

i use it for salmon and rarely chicken 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It also tastes phenomenal with a little citrus, or a good barbecue sauce, or a good marinara sauce, or numerous other combinations of flavors.

• 1 month ago

Actually lemons bring out the natural flavor of certain foods.So its always a go to for extra spice or passazzzzz

• 1 month ago

I use all that plus lemon. I slice the lemon crossways into very thin slices and put the slices under the skin. Gives it an awesome flavor jump.

• No. Besides, I don't see adding lemon or lime directly in Nigerian food. Yes, I have tasted lemon flavoured chicken, it is nice but I don't think it was needed.

One day I will learn how to make highly flavoured chicken with onion, tomato and big red pepper garnish on it. 

• geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What .. just salt, pepper and garlic ?

Nothing 'moist' at all ?

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Shrimp scampi requires both lemons and lemon juice. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.