I have a ProBook6475b HP laptop, it is stuck in hibernating and I can't get it to do anything else.  What can I try to fix this?

Thank you David for your suggestion, but it did no good.  What else do you suggest?

Try a power drain. 

Unplug the adapter.  Remove the battery. 

With the adapter and battery REMOVED, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. 

Replace battery, plug in adapter, try to boot.  

• VP

What's the difference between "stuck in hibernation" (as you say) and "won't turn on anymore?"

- Does the power status button light up?

- Do you hear any components moving when you press the power button? (HDD, Fans, etc.)

- Does the screen flicker or change at all?

- Does it shut itself off?

- Does it check the BIOS?

- Does it stay on, but you can't see anything, so you shut it off?  If so, connect the laptop to a 2nd monitor and boot up.

Have you tried:

- Removing the power cord, then removing the battery pack, then plugging in the power cord without the battery installed? (Assuming the battery is easily removable)  

• David

Hold down the power button until it fully shuts off. Then restart, update your post if it keeps happening