Kevin asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I want to write a story set in the 80's it uses topics such as aerobics, board games, dieting and health clubs?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Those were all things that existed in the 80's!!!!  Your story is historically accurate with respect to all of those topics and whether or not they existed in the decade during which your story is set!!!

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Did you actually have a question? It's not clear.

I hope you're not expecting other people to tell you what to write. Real writers don't do that. They exercise their own creativity and imagination.  If the 80s interest you enough to inspire you to write a story set during that decade, you ought to be interested enough to do your own research.  REAL research, not asking here for people to tell you what to write about.

I know several professional writers. They spend a lot of time in libraries and interviewing people who can assist with research.

Board games, by the way, are not a specifically 80s thing. They were around a long time before the 80s, and people still play them. And dieting isn't an 80s thing either.  People have been dieting for eons.

• 1 month ago

With the world at our fingertips, the opinions of an enslaved 2 year old in C.A.R. Africa being posted to a Snapchat blog and a monkey that can control a robotic arm with a sensor in it's brain, nothing has changed.

If you want to know about the health scene in the 80s, it's just like now. Except we had VHS rather than Youtube then. You eat food worse than what they use to punish you in prison, then self flagellate by doing hours of cardio afterwards. Then get hungry again because you just worked out, stupid, and pig out and starve and then watch another VHS/YT and buy another diet program from Sears/Walmart.

The actors and costumes have changed but this is the same play.

• 1 month ago

Watch a few eighties movies to get the feel for the time. I saw a movie on tv last night called Perfect with John Travolta. It was set in an aerobics studio in the eighties. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You're missing 80% pure cocaine, the chemical compound known as TAB , 

and the demonic toy Teddy Ruxpin.

Add some tacky corporate art and you are there.

• Guber
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Do a biopic on Richard Simmons.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You cant really do that. You cant throw a bunch of references at a reader, you have to just let the narrative flow naturally, and avoid anachronisms. 

• Bob
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ask a question.......

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.