How many people out there believe in or practise astrology?

Just interested....

Meeee, I do both!!!

• Snoopy

Not many would be my guess. 

Not me......waste of time.

I do... A lot of things I pick up about others just using astrology

If the Genius was science literate, we'd be able to recognize it.  We can't.

Everyone "believes in" astrology.  It isn't like the Easter Bunny or leprechauns.  Astrology exists and in one form or another has existed in almost every culture for thousands of years.  The question is, therefore, "Does astrology work?"  The "science literate" clown show rarely asks that question because it invites others, such the primary question: "what is astrology?"  It's better to avoid inviting thinking on the subject because that requires knowledge of the subject and if, a priori, we say "It can't be true so it isn't true," we're subject to a charge of mindless bigotry and hate speech, if we don't know anything about astrology.  Reckless and untrue accusations are not arguments for anything except our own ignorance and bigotry.  So, as Voltaire once said, "Define your terms."  

Do I think Sun Sign astrology works?  Nope.  And I have reasons for that. Does astrology work? By my understanding of "works," yes it does. If we define astrology in such a way that it can't possibly meet the definition of "works,"e.g. offer a perfect outline of every event in a person's life, then we get to accuse every astrologer of fraud, don't we?

Then there is the problem of the astrologer.  Astrology is a skill or a craft perhaps. It's not an applied science and no one who knows anything about the subject ever said it was.  So claiming that astrology is a pseudo science is pretty absurd since it isn't a science at all.   Therefore results are subject to the skill of the astrologer.  A newbie is going to be wrong more than he is right, and a highly talented astrologer will be right more often than an intermediate level student.  Noted early 20th century American astrologer and tireless self promoter Evangeline Adams said she was once asked if she was infallible.  She replied, "I'm not infallible; astrology is."  That's worth thinking about. 

Everyone who gets beyond Sun sign astrology "practices it" at a variety of levels from casual hobbyist to amateur to professional. Some people are avid researchers and don't have a clientele, but are seriously knowledgeable.  Others have thriving practices, but aren't as up on the past or have a wide repertoire. It's kind of a wide open field.

Curiously, well not so curiously if you've had much experience in life, astrologers that run afoul of the law are rarely if ever, charged with fraud by clients.

Busybodies, do-gooders and other Karens do the complaining to force otherwise busy law enforcement to harass astrologers when they could be doing something to prevent violent crimes.  People like "the Genius" have no sense of priorities only childish anger.

Like Harris poll estimates? If you’re science literate, you would see astrology as it truly is. A first cousin to racism and a fraud.

There is a reason why we’re in the entertainment section. Wanting to find out how things work is human nature. Mankind is always trying to find the how and why things work. Astrology is great and powerful so how can it be ignored?

Promoters of astrology seem not to have that natural curiosity. Perhaps because nothing is natural about astrology. Can anyone link up where actual astrology research is being conducted? How about research results?