Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Please help scared..brain eating amoeba ?

I’m a 22 year old female, 4’11, 140lbs 

Please help calm my nerves

I went to the lake today (lake hickory for

Specifics located in NC) and I went tubing and water shot up my nose two to three times (many boats were out today so water was constant stirred up)

I am now deathly afraid I’m going to have that brain eating amoeba and not know it. 

Please help calm my nerves. Any information can help

• kelvin

so now you are 22 year old female and no longer a 22 year old male and you are still a huge gigantic hypochondriac troll

• Cammie

Go to your doctor ! Don't go in any more lakes.

• Mike G

If you thought that was a possibility, why did you even go in the lake?

• Marc

From the CDC:

Naegleria fowleri infections are rare*. In the 10 years from 2009 to 2018, 34 infections were reported in the U.S. Of those cases, 30 people were infected by recreational water, 3 people were infected after performing nasal irrigation using contaminated tap water, and 1 person was infected by contaminated tap water used on a backyard slip-n-slide.

10 years 34 infections...incredibly rare. You have a better chance of winning the lottery and being struck by lightning in the same day

These amoeba only work on functional brain cells.