I’m planning on moving to America, I need advice?

Anyone here moved to America from Europe? I’m planning to move in a few years after finishing college. I need some advice or help. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

DON"T/// we dont want you... we have enough immigrants.. GO TO AUSTRALIA or CANADA but do not come here.. WE already have enough problems.

• 1 month ago

Advice? DON'T!

How about Canada instead?

• 1 month ago

Step 1 - research work visa requirements, and see whether you're likely to meet them.

Step 2 - research health insurance, and work laws in the US, and consider whether it's worth it.

• 1 month ago

How did you think you could "move" to the US? For temporary employment visa, such as H1-b, you need minimum of master's degree plus experience in a STEM occupation. 

However, with covid, the US job market has undergone a tremendous shift. As of 2019, before covid, already 35+% of American workers were telecommuting for their employer, self-employed, freelance, contract workers, etc. Now those numbers have increased dramatically, and many who started telecommuting for their jobs will continue. Some companies (e.g. Twitter) have already announced no more working on-premises (except some maintenance people). So expect chances of working in US for foreign workers will be sharply reduced in future. If they want you, you will work from home in your own country.

Or do you have an immediate relative who is a US citizen, meets all requirements to sponsor your immigration, and is willing to petition for your immigration? Depending on your relationship to your sponsor, expect it could take 13-15 years to get an immigration visa interview, and you remain in your country until you are approved for & receive such a visa.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When in doubt hire an attorney to help you. 

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How will you qualify to do that? You need to answer that question first. If you can't answer it, you need to come up with a new plan.

• 1 month ago

without job skills in a field that is in short supply in America, you probably won't get permission to come

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need to read the immigration visa website " in a few years time" as of right now migration would require you to be employed by a registered  American employer who would sponsor your visa and that is only available to highly educated/highly skilled individuals where there is a short supply of to do that particular job...so hope you are studying a STEM subject, you will also require several years of work experience otherwise you are just another unproved worker with a degree and there are plenty of those in the USA already

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Stay in europe because in a few years the USA may become a hellhole.

• 1 month ago

Move to the country side and stay away from the cities.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.