renounce / to renounce?
Which one sounds you good?
- The wise man renounce your attachment for everything.
- The wise man to renounce your attachment for everything.
- Chi girlLv 71 month agoFavourite answer
Neither is correct.
The wise man renounceS . . .
- bluebellbkkLv 71 month ago
The wise man renounces his attachment to everything.
A man is wise to renounce his attachment to everything.
- RPLv 71 month ago
The first is correct. The second isn't because, with noting to accompany the infinitive form (to), there is no verb.
- Pat WoodenLv 71 month ago
Your sentence has two subjects (the wise man and you), but only one verb, so the is unclear. I think what you want to say is "The wise man asks that you renounce your attachment to everything."