Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

I'm an 18 y/o male and I want to play Animal Crossing since it is my childhood series but my parents say I'm too old and need to grow up?

Are my parents right in this situation?

It just feels wrong since I am already a grown man, I feel like I shouldn't be playing children's games

Just play animal crossing if you like it then you like it 

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

You're never "too old" to do anything.

Your allowing your parents to be a voice of reason. That's rich and all, but where's your rebellious strike at? Just game on and just maybe "play more games!"

Haha wait until you go to uni, I was late to uni (26) and the others were 19-20 and all they would do was play that pokemon - no idea what that is, I was working full time when that came out. Do what you want. 

nah you're alright. it's just a video game. you're not harming anyone playing it. just don't let it consume your life. lol

• Dong

Animal Crossing is about taxes. Your parents are being idiots.

NO THEYRE WRONG DO IT LIVE YOUR DREAM ANIMAL CROSSING IS LIT (side note I know hundreds of people 20+, even up to their 40s who play, you’re not too old)

No man you're at no fault! Why do people like ZackScottGames enjoy playing such games (other than the fact that they are streaming them)- they aren't embarrased, why are you?

Rated "E" for everyone doesn't mean it's for children.  It's for everyone.

I co-host a podcast where we are all parents of children of various ages, all grew up playing games, all still playing games, and all raising the next generation of gamers.

Our entire community is similar like-minded adults, not all of them have children, but most do.

I was the last of the 4 main hosts to pick up the game, not because "it's a game for children" but because I remember not enjoying the previous Animal Crossing game as much as others and didn't want to put in the time into a game that I figured I'd fall off of in a month.  Still happened, I don't play as much anymore, but I still had fun.

I'm 46 and all of my kids are older than you.

Video Gaming is just another form of entertainment, taking out any specific game in the conversation at this point.  There is no age limit on having fun in your off time.  Is there an age limit on watching movies? reading books? Going to a bowling alley?  No.

There shouldn't be an age limit on gaming, either. What you do in your own free time is your own business.

• Sky

Play whatever you like.  I still play the same video games and watch the same cartoons I did when I was a kid because I enjoy them, and I'm in my 40s.  My dad watched cartoons into his 70s.  You have the free right to play that game or any other game that's aimed at a "younger" audience, because there is no age limit on who's allowed to find something fun.