What’s your opinion on transgender people?

i think they're cool

• Bee V3

I think it's an interesting topic, and that they're valid people, because it's something that has to do with the minds of people who aren't me. So I can't be one to say if what they feel is wrong, if they feel it, then it's there. It exists. So that's just how they are.

I love the response of conservatives, to transgenderism.

Conservatives claim it's a mental condition. Transgender people think so too.

The difference is that conservatives think, without any logic, data, or theories, that it's a negative state. 

For the most part, transgender people are fully aware of the topological nature of their bodies. It's kinda hard to be delusional about that.

But a human is more than a biological animal. They have an incredibly deep and complex state on top of their biological, topological form. That's why the mental health community have jobs. Mental health professionals address mental and emotional states.

Perhaps the only reasonable, reasoned argument I have heard is when transgender people say that their condition is innate, whereas conservatives claim it is a psychological response to trauma or other life experiences. Basically Nature vs. Nurture. But in either case, there are no moral implications - except if caused by the abuse by others.

• Sky

They seem to be rather awesome people, as are the handful of trans friends I've made over the years.  I feel a great deal of empathy for the challenges they face in being trans such as hate and rejection from family and society, and I greatly admire their bravery to face so much bigotry and prejudice.  Overall, my opinion on trans people is very positive.

They are crazy.

They're people, but transgender. 

That I am one!

I think we use one set of words when we should be using two, one based on social understandings of gender and one based on biological bases of identity (which is not gross anatomy-based sex).  In social terms, gender is class.  It's based on one's presumed relationship to physical reproduction, and needs to be abolished.  Biologically, gender is based on one's experience of what is straightforward  and what's contrived, which appears to have a biological basis just as handedness tends to.

Trans men retain the oppression they had in their birth sex and trans women retain male privilege, but they are nevertheless truly men and women respectively.

Non-binary people I have no idea about.

Honestly? I think they are misunderstood.

I don't get it. When I look in the mirror, I just see myself. I don't see any gender. Just a person. There is some things I would like to change, my face, maybe to have a cheek implant. But my body, I'm not really that fat. I could lose about 30 pounds to have flat stomach. But I don't care about my body. I really don't care how people see me. I don't really care about my face. I don't wear makeup at all. All I want to do is create things and do hobbies. And eat my favorite food and drinks. And watch movies and listen to music. I do not care about love relationship.  I feel it is a waste of time trying to cut off some part of your body and then try to have sex with someone with that body. It would be gross to have a FTM to put his fake peni in me. Fake peni made out of skin and eeky stuff. No. I don't want that.

• Izit

I hope their sexuality does not become a hurtle.