Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 1 month ago

Are chimps strong because they do a lot of pull ups?

I was at the zoo yesterday and saw chimps swinging from branch and some doing pull ups.

Are they ripped cuz they do pull ups? Will I get big like them if I do lots of pull ups??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Hello, i add, some parents are liars. in other hand, it are the both cultural and developmental, e.g. cultural as talent persons find different between them and the anothers, and e.g. parents mind in modernity differ of son mind in post modernity then it may happen Surprise-ing, the idea that may a person use advanced option of the life, and that is strange but true in a religion and an United Nations civilization law.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Chimpanzees are stronger than humans because they cannot control the amount of effort that they put into their actions. They are all or nothing and must use all of their strength to do tasks or none. Humans can control their bodies in ways chimpanzees can hardly imagine. With enough training, a human can easily overpower a chimpanzee or a gorilla because we are ahead of them in terms of evolution. Maybe one day they will become human beings too, but right now they are to wild and feeble-minded.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They are strong because they climb trees often. They sleep up in the trees and so they have to climb up to their bed at least once a day. They also walk on 4 legs. That means their arms have to support part of their body weight. They walk pretty often to find food during the day, so their arm muscles get some additional exercise. In contrast, humans walk on 2 legs so our leg muscles have to support our entire body weight. The gluteus maximus muscle is the largest muscle in our body because it has to  move our entire body weight when we walk. Our arms get a lot less exercise so they are only 1/3 as strong as our legs.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Their muscle fibers and biology are completely different than humans.  You could never beat a chimp in a strength test.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No. Chimpanzees are adapted for both arboreal and terrestrial locomotion. Arboreal locomotion consists of vertical climbing and brachiation. The physical strength of chimps is around 1.5 times greater than humans, due to higher content of fast twitch muscle fibres, one of the chimpanzee's adaptations for climbing and swinging.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Humans are less reliant on muscular strength for survival. Chimpanzees still swing among tree branches. So I think what they do influences their strength overtime.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.