Does it look Tacky or Creepy To wear a Speedo in America?

In High School I swan competitively and was on diving team one year.  Myself and my team mates always wore a speedo, I liked it way better then swim trucks. A speedo does fill up with air and doesn't feel like it's dragging you down. 

Outside of that, I've never had the courage to wear a speedo to the beach or public pool. I know in Europe, Australia, and in South America, its the norm from what I understand, although I've never been there.

I'm now 40 and have mostly gotten past the point of worrying what others think of me, for the most part. I'm about 5'11, 200lbs.  A little out of shape but by no means fat or Obese.   I'd like to wear a speedo but I am worried it's going to get me dirty looks or worse, at the beach or pool.   I just don't wanna be creepy or tacky. 

• Jerry

Wear a generous speedo instead of a skimpy speedo. And wear one that's a little too big rather than one that's a little too tight. Wear a cover up when appropriate, like some baggy shorts and a tee shirt, unless you're Tarzan. You'll be fine. 

• Nick

Speedos are tacky and creepy in Europe too. Normal guys wear swimshorts

No one minds a Speedo - if you have the body for it.  So tone-up a little and show it off !