Jesere
Jesere asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Life is Subjective, so what's your Objective ?

• RP

My objective is to leave this world better than I found it.

Being objective and having an objective are two different things.

If one's soul objective in life is to be objective it would be sad as all people are subjected to things in their lives that make them subjective. See?

No one has any objectives in reality. Because all you can observe - occurs only in your head. 

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

• P

Life is subjective. My objective is to deal with what life reveals, and to learn from it.

Age reveals wisdom and insight, how about you

The objective of life is subjective? If there was only one objective, the objective would be objective. If there are many objectives, life's objective would be subjective. I have many objectives, one of them is homeostasis, another is increasing my intelligence. Objective is a more powerful word, than results. Objective seems to muster more focus and intention than the word result, but both are the same, et el causality.

• Our objective is to save ourselves. It is to embrace life with full feeling. To save ourselves from the death, from the nothingness. To stand out from the page of history and be fully aware. Embrace the moment. The now. For it is all that exists. 

The rest is a memory. 

Do not devalue life expecting it to justify itself. I am going to rely on my faculties. And when I feel something blissful I will believe it is a blissful reality. 

There are levels of meaning. Such that any analysis of the physical makeup of the brain will only be a part of the reality. 

The brain actually tells us what would produce the sensation. Physical reality plus the brain equals a dynamic universe of not just physical implications but mental emotive ones too, and that too is a physical system. 

Mental emotive variables relate to physical realities actual or potential. As thinking feeling beings that is simply what we are. The physical universe plus the brain is a mental emotive physical system. 

I definitely think something is missing from a purely physical description. That is not how it is. The world is not just externality. There is an internality beneath it. The world just is not real without internality.

Our brains process this internality to produce what outside is brain activity but inside is consciousness. 

Maybe we should call that internality spirit. As what is actually inside a thing. And that this spirit produces the observed physical expression. 

Physics as described so far is concerned with the forces acting in the world. But what if these were byproducts of some deeper process.  That there is a constant exchange of reality affirming transmissions.  

Like ripples in a pond. Everything radiating itself throughout the cosmos. Interfering and then producing what we see as the external universe. 

I guess the main point of your question is a play on words, but...

Life is not only subjective; it is both subjective and objective; it includes aspects that exist outside of minds, and aspects that exist within minds.

Objectives, as in goals, vary from one individual to another, exist within minds, and are therefore subjective. My objectives are many. About the best I can do to summarize my ultimate objective is the fostering, and the preservation, of the things that I care about. 

• Dejair

To germinate my soul accordingly my preferences. I chose to glorify till the immortality.

Whether one's life "is subjective" or not I don't see why it should affect

one's objective.

This here is the philosophy category & many people other than myself

have worked hard & with understanding trying to mainly answer some

specialist questions about past & future philosophy ; 

it's personal-but-open objectives not just in the search for more & better

truth but more like the narrow-er but much better focussed^ aim-and

-objective of searching for some "new knowledge" and upon finding

it letting it all "hang out in the open" in case someone has originally 

(subjectively) found that same thing FIRST.

Whereupon EITHER they are right (and correct...) 

Or that other someone else is^^...

^  "behaviour wise" I now firmly believe is a leading description..

^^  whereupon we may all TENTATIVELY "decide" either to accept

some new convincing knowledge and/or we "put an amendment

upon the findings.... calling even the Whole Thing "a mistake".

So to speak.

Source(s): objective open philosophy via the history of Ideas.