Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Should I NOT mention this to my boss?

I have worked at a company for 7 years. The last 3 years for a terrible boss. He hit on all the female employees married or not. He often made us work through our lunch hour. We had a big party to celebrate his leaving (after he left). Everyone was happy to get a new boss. However my happiness turned to tears when I found out who the new boss was. It was a guy who had asked me for dates in high school and I turned him down every time. I just knew he would fire me to get back for turning him down for dates.

For the first month I worked for him, I lived in fear every day that he would fire me. However he never said a word about us going to high school together. It appeared he did not remember me and what I did to him. Perhaps because I am using my married name now. My close friend Jill thinks he is just a nice guy that remembers but does not want to embarrass me by saying anything about our past.

Everyone thinks and I agree he is a great boss. He is giving us all training so we can get a raise and promotion. For those of us that have kids, he will cover for us when we have to go to a school event or when we have doctor’s appointment for our kids. My coworkers just adore him as their boss. I still have the fear that one day he will remember me and fire me.

Am I fearful for no reason? Should I mention our past to him or just forget it and move on?

That's right. Let bygones be bygones. No need to dig up ancient history. Join the union to prevent you from being dismissed without cause. Know your rights! Learn the labor relations laws.