Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Why do people think cooking from scratch is better?

I am so sick and tired of people refusing to buy ready made foods and wanting to cook from scratch. Like ready made foods are not good enough for your precious children?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anton
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Fresh taste better.   Ready made foods are stale.

My "precious children" went on a week long school trip, came back saying "they had the right food, but it didn't taste as good."   If YOU think ready made food is acceptable, that just proves how pitiful your life is.

• 1 month ago

highly processed foods are not as nutritious as whole foods.

• 1 month ago

In general, highly processed foods are not as nutritious as whole foods.

• 1 month ago

RICE A RONI!!!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Being a professional chef, i make everything from scratch-including when just at home. Not only can i make most dishes better than at a restaurant, I can control the amount of sodium in my dishes. Pre-packaged foods contain a Lot of additional sodium and sugar. 

• Because pre-made processed foods have way too much sodium and other preservatives.  I cook for myself.

• 1 month ago

A lot of ready made foods have added bad things like sodium and preservatives, so often times people have to be careful, but frankly, I have absolutely no problem with hauling a packet out of the freezer and popping it into the microwave. 

• 1 month ago

You must be highly uneducated to not even know the dangers of 'ready made' food. Why don't you go get sick eating that crap, others will make wiser choices for themselves. It's not your business.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It all comes down to personal choice,  I cook a mixture of both scratch made and ready made foods, I suppose it depends on time and convenience.

A lot of 'mature' people cook from scratch, they could have learned this from their parents, I know that I did.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"I am so sick and tired of people refusing to buy ready made foods"

Why?  Being sick and tired of things that don't concern you is rather strange.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.