Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Legal advice?

so my sister was at old navy today and she stole a couple of thing and she put stuff in her purse, walked out and took them out of her purse and in the car. She said someone saw her in the parking lot (a random shopper) and told her to put them back, she ignored him and he took her license plate and went into the store. Can they or the store go to the police with this info or would the police ignore it since there is no proof

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes the store can report your theiving 'sister' for theft

• 1 month ago

YOU are safe, I say you because you are talking about what you did, not your sister or anybody else

The store will not try to prosecute, you are out of their site, they did not see you.

But your luck will run out sooner or later

Be an adult and own what you did, stop trying to make out like you are worried about your sister, you are worried about you

• 1 month ago

An eyewitness can testify as to what they saw. 

• 1 month ago

Under the circumstances, there's not a lot the store can do.  But if she keeps shoplifting, she'll get caught eventually.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I mean she shouldn’t be stealing but there’s definitely security cameras in the store so with the info the man had, they’ll probably be able to go back into the camera footage and see your sister stealing things. The police will be able to run the plates and find that the car belongs to your sister and she’ll probably face consequences, which is EXACTLY why you don’t steal.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yea and no. If they run the cameras and see that it is her. File a report with the cops. 

Or they could just take the information from the customer and do nothing 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.