Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Do you believe that the freedom can be the enemy of progress and intelligence?

I mean a lot of people hate religions of this planet because of the word freedom but they forget the fact that the religion is about the moral quality but there is something called non-moral quality like when you say why the car a is better than car b or the song a is better than song b i myself do not support freedom when it comes to non-moral quality.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Anything can be the enemy of progress and intelligence, or other important developments. It all depends on how one regards the subject at issue and the choices s/he makes to put her/his attitudes into practice. Sometimes, there are natural allies, like progress and intelligence, that can be directed at each other, but, hopefully, when this occurs, reason will eventually prevail to get things back on track and not go too far afield.

• Bobo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Freedom exists up to the point where my freedom intersects your freedom.  In order to enforce this, we have laws.  Therefore, our freedom exists within the boundaries of laws.  A vice is not against the law, you are free to commit adultery, lie, smoke, drink excessively, etc.  Your character is the sum of your actions and it could be moral or immoral.  The only monitor for it is your conscience.  Religion puts that conscience into the forefront, but subscribing to a religion does not suggest compliance with good moral character--that is still up to the individual.  Freedom gives us the ability to live our lives as we wish, it does not stifle progress.  Those who exhibit poor moral character wouldn't be the ones developing society anyway.  

• Piero
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I can not believe religion is about moral anything. It's about enriching the hierarchy, controlling people, and furnishing young people for the clergy's sexual pleasure. They do not teach morality. They teach fear of punishment. That's NOT morality.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"... forget the fact that the religion is about the moral quality "

No it isn't. It is about power and control. It distorts ma orality with bigotry.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.