Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Hey I really need help?

L

ast year I was sexually assaulted and I’m dating someone now and there are moments when I think he’s my assaulter and he’s not and I get scared and think I have to say things to survive and I feel like I’m going crazy - what do you think this is? Has this happened?

maybe you should get some counseling

Your natural defense is looking over you and you are just trying to decide whether this guy is safe. If you have not already told the guy of your past rape, you should explain to him your fear that he may try an unwanted pass at you. First, realize that guys may be untrustworthy because of their sex hormones and want to touch you; it is in our genes, and you need someone who will not try to give you a rough time. If the guy does not respond to your feelings. he may not be the one you should continue dating. Some guys have super egos and do not respect some women's wishes. You need to consider whether this guy is sincere and will not force himself on you. Be prepared if the ego outweighs his logic and will be  really upset if you say you want to not see each other again for a while. Visit www.psychologytoday.org. Click on Today then click on ALL to see the listing of topics to choose ones that apply to dating, ending relationships, and more.

Good Luck.

harrald

PTSD. You should get therapy.