_
Lv 4

What do you think about this Buddhist quote?

If you agree or not, tell me, I like honesty.

Attachment image

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

While it sounds like something that Buddha might have said - if he had lived after Freud - it is probably not one of his sayings. A more wise and accurate saying is "You chose how you feel, you choose to be happy or not"

• 1 month ago

Very touching. I wonder though if that momentary bliss can stand the heat of all the crap that happens in our lives. Maybe you have to work at it. 

• 1 month ago

i think its a good quote

• 1 month ago

Buddhists remove all desires except for the desire that others continue to do all the necessary work and take all the necessary risks so they can bludge their parasitic existence off them.. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think it's true that wanting and desire is the cause of much unhappiness.

• 1 month ago

Unlikely if they were speaking a highly inflected Indo-European language

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Like it. Here is another one

A man approached the Buddha and told

Man: I am unhappy

Buddha: Why?

Man lists his many problems

Buddha: my philosophy can not help you with any of those

Man: so what good is it?

Buddha: it can only fix one problem. How you react to all the other problems you have.

• 1 month ago

*I* don't hit..*it* hits all by itself.

Bruce Lee

• 1 month ago

Buddhism is all about detaching ourselves from this world and we won't experience pain. Many religions teach that happiness comes from inside of us and not from without.  Nelson Mandala was in prison, he was a social justice advocate in the 1970's, spent over 20 years in prison and spent that time reading and studying.  After his release, he became President or Prime Minster of South Africa.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.