Does the Jay Treaty apply to Status Indians from Canada who apply to join the US military?

As I understand, most of the Canadians who died in the Vietnam war were native people who chose to join the US military by way of their Jay Treaty rights. Am I right or wrong? 

You can online chat with a US Army recruiter on this site:

https://www.goarmy.com/

I'll have to check on this.. uncle of a Canadian Micmac friend of mine served in Nam 

(died a few years ago though, not while serving).

• Mrsjvb

No it does not.  There is zero mention of military service in the Treaty.  

NO!          

ETA: So WTF don't you show the proof instead of acting like an idiot. That link doesn't say anything about allowing enlistment in the military. It says "work", but just because you can "work" in the US doesn't give your the right to enlist. So where is the DoD document that says so.

ETA: You’re an idiot. That is not a link to a DoD document, and it says NOTHING about them qualifying for enlistment in the US military. But that really doesn’t surprise me as you know absolutely nothing about the US military. Stick to your dumbazz Japanese wrestling fetish.