athena asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

I didn’t understand hamilton am I stupid?

I am 15 years old and didn’t really pay attention at all during US history in 8th grade so when we watched the musical today i was pretty lost. Is it because I don’t know the history or am I just dum

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Many young teens think their history lessons are boring. That is not stupidity.

Right now you are not stupid but uninformed.  What will be stupid is not attempting to find out what you don't know, especially if you need the knowledge for schoolwork.

If you want to find out about Alexander Hamilton, read about him. Wikipedia or other websites will have short biographies. If your library has opened, there should be at least one book about him (or about George Washington, under whom he served. He was at Washington's elbow during most of his official life.) under Dewey 973 (American History) or 921(Biography) He was an American Revolutionary War hero and President Washington's Treasury Secretary at a time when the new nation needed money. Americans love heroes, so there should be a lot about him.

• 1 month ago

Because it's filled with historical inaccuracies.

• 1 month ago

The fact that you couldn't make sense out of production (a flaming musical at that) based on a historical figure and bastardized by political correctness doesn't make you dumb (not 'dum"). It makes you one of the intelligent people who are able to recognize when something isn't right.

It's nice to see that in a 15-year-old. Maybe there's hope for your generation after all.

• 1 month ago

You're just "dum". Hope this helped, y' eejit.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You might have been confused as the white parts are played by black actors.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.