Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Mothers, is it normal for a mom to emotionally/verbally comfort her son who froze like a deer in headlights when she caught him masturbating?

I recall an excerpt from a sex education film where a mother told her son “oh excuse me, [son’s name].  I saw what you were doing.  It felt good, didn’t it?”, followed by a long-winded speech about how he has nothing to be embarrassed about and that she’s sorry she didn’t knock before entering, and that she promises to knock next time.  She then closed his door and left his room.  

Putting aside the hilariously bad wooden acting from the mother, does that particular film snippet a representation of real-life open relationships between a mother and son?  Personally, it sounds rather horrific and taboo.  But since it’s a sex ed. film, it’s obviously not a parody, and therefore is meant to be taken seriously.  Are there any mothers who actually have that kind of laid-back persons when it comes to something private, i.e. have you actually reacted the same way as the mom in the sex ed. vid?  I am NOT a troll, but rather am flabbergasted by the film.

depends on how she says it

It all depends on the family.  No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.  You also have to consider how old this video is.