I’m 14 but my parents won’t let me sleep with my phone in my room. Is this bad parenting?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No - it is GREAT parenting.

They know that you will hide under your blankets with the phone and stay up all night playing games on the phone or texting friends who are doing the same thing.

Be glad you even have a phone.  I NEVER got a phone for my daughters.  They are now adults - and I never did get them a cell phone.

• 1 month ago

Sis I'm 16 and I still have a bed time, and my phone needs to be with my parents when I'm in bed. Personally, I think it's pretty great parenting

• 1 month ago

No because you're probably spending too much time on it during night time anyway.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

NO - it is FANTASTIC parenting!  NO one needs their stupid phone in bed with them all night.  My son, when his three girls were teens.............demanded all phones stay in the dining room at night while on chargers.  The girls knew the rules, even in high school, and obeyed them or their phones would be taken away for good.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope. Studies have shown that sleeping with a cell phone in your room can cause a wide variety of health issues, including cancer. Your parents are right.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

`,,||,,`

You really shouldn't even be having a phônė

@ your age which might lead to all sôrť'ś ôf 

ôther prob's as you'll soon find out ťôô, sadly!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don’t need your phone in your room do you?  Does it provide oxygen to you?

• 1 month ago

no......good parenting

• 1 month ago

No one needs a phone when sleeping.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Seems reasomable to me. Why do you need your phone while you're sleeping?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.