UK:after Govt presided over unnecessary deaths,taking opposite path to one needed,will they be held to account,or falsely blame NHS in all?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

The UK government can only be held to account by parliament.  If they get chucked out at the next election, they'll all get seats in the House of Lords.  Last I heard, the 44,198 deaths were all our fault.  I suppose it is in a way - 43% of us voted for these incompetent crooks

• 1 month ago

NHS IS the government.

• 1 month ago

No.......................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Any blame should be shared between the Government and the expert advisers.

However, not many countries can claim not to have made mistakes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It must be wonderful to have  20 : 20 hindsight  --  it's like playing a game of heads you win , tails I lose . 

The first Covid patient diagnosed in  the UK was a  Chinese national ,in late January ,and the first UK person infected by another was first identified on Feb 28th .

The first death from Covid was recorded on Mar 5 ,and there were a 100 reported cases of the disease .

When do you think the government should have ordered lockdown ,and shut down the economy -- January , February , beginning of March ?

And now no doubt, you will blame the second wave of infections and deaths ,that we can expect ,due to the  widespread idiotic behaviour of Britain's younger generation , on the "government" too .

There is no "safe" with this disease ,we have simply been feeling our way through a balance of risks ,and therefore death and infection rates ---  and that will particularly apply now and going forward .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.