Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

tips for newly adopted cat?

I just adopted a 6 month old cat that's very shy and scared and has been hiding under the bed for several hours now. I understand that this is normal but should I be worried if it's quite dirty and dusty under the bed?

• Maxi

Leave it where it is...and once it gets used to the home or gets hungry, time to do some basic cleaning

Give your kitty time to adjust, I've always found that a plate of tunafish normally lures cats out of hiding.

They may well see you as a threat and it won't be helped if you're peering in at them in their safe space - they might think you're trying to 'get' them. Just leave them alone, they'll come out when they're ready.

If they're not coming out for anything at all, or they're still stressed after several days you might want to get a pheromone plug like feliway - they calm cats down.