Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Does it seem like my husband is a misogynist . I’ve always got the vibe that he hated women?

I was telling him that my friend was in abusive relationship and he was like most times these women provoke the men to be abusive. I was like wtf there’s no excuse for someone to hit someone period. Then we were watching this show and he was like “ why this show have all the women being successful and all the men being bums” I was like “ why does it bother you so much”

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

He may be right about television being overly feminist of late. But to suggest that most domestic violence is warranted should be a red flag to you. He's basically telling you that if you someone displease him he won't hesitate to beat the crap out of you. 

• 3 weeks ago

when a man is

misogynist he is like that with all women, including wives, daughters, his mother, and any women in his life

• 4 weeks ago

well the guy does have a point.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I'm like "why did you marry him if you don't agree on basic issues."

It seems there's an issue.  I don't know which one of you has the issue.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Respect and obey your husband 

Don’t show too much ego and be humble and polite 

• 4 weeks ago

i don't think your husband is misogynistic at all. but you sound like a misandrist.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know what your husband is. But I have heard numerous men share that complaint about TV shows. Doesn't have to translate as hatred towards women. He's stupid wrong about women "most times" provoking abuse though. I hope you set him straight. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

So that woman who is in a "relationship" with an abusive man isn't even married to him? Doesn't she live in a free country such as the United States? If so, who is forcing her to stay with that man?

As for TV shows that portray women as winners and men as losers ... I just don't watch them and I don't l know why would a man do.

• Happy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Sounds like you both have the perfect IQ to be a perfect match 

• RP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

He could have some honest opinions, ones you can't understand, but that does not make him a misogynist. At the same time, for many men, misogyny is the only thing they know. Often, these are so-called men who feel the prospect of equality for women threatens their existence.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.