does anybody like taxes?

why?

Taxes are the basis of any economic system. Get over it, pay your taxes, and SHUT UP 

• Monika

Nobody likes paying taxes yet everyone enjoys the benefits. Taxes pay for your libraries, your roads, your schools, and parks. In some countries, they even pay for your healthcare. That's a big issue in the US yet even with private insurances, many people cannot afford medical services. I would rather pay more in taxes if it means that libraries had more resources, so teachers don't have to pay for classroom supplies out of pocket, for potholes to not take up the whole road. Taxes are how everyone benefits. 

no i dont we have the same name

• John

How's life with a sewer treatin' ya?

• F

I live in a block of 6 flats. We do not employ a management company so any repairs have to be arranged and agreed between the 6 owners. It is a nightmare and even the simplest job takes 6 months to get done especially getting money out of them.

Now make that 50 million and you’ll see why central government is vital and taxes have to be part of it.

However, that has problems because there are always things being paid for with your money that you don’t agree with.

• ron h

paying more taxes means I made more money. 

Everybody likes something that wouldn't exist without taxes.  Maybe it's the roads, maybe it's the fire department, maybe it's something else.  But saying that you don't like taxes is like saying you don't like your credit card bill -- true, but you like whatever you bought with your credit card and you can't have what you like for free, so you have to pay, even though you don't like paying.

I also like filling out tax forms because I find the math and the tax rules interesting, but that's pretty unusual.

• GA41

The concept of taxes is not a bad concept.  An organized society needs funding for infrastructure such as roads and bridges, and the mutual defense of the people.  Taxes are a reasonable way for the people to share the costs of necessary benefits.  People do not like to have their money spent frivolously by politicians.  No-one likes to waste their money with no apparent benefits.

Yes. The accountants who do peoples taxes do. Thats how they make their money.  

• A.J.

I like fair taxes. I focus on government spending and efficiency.

Structured correctly, paying more taxes means you earned more money. That's a good thing.