Do people actually go to their high school reunions?

• Lili

Plenty do.  I'm not big on reunions myself, but I know lots of people who attend theirs.

--  Yes, I have been to several including a 100 year anniversary of the school in 2010.  Over the years I have bumped into many fellow students who went through with me, here in Australia and even overseas. Some were doctors, lawyers, diplomats, immigration official (really an Australian spy), firefighter, university proffessors etc  

--  My school produced many leading people in various fields operating in Australia and overseas. Even Olivia Newton-John was a student at University High School here in Melbourne.

The ones that care what others think about their lives do

• Ludwig

Some do.  Not me. I found they had invited a junior school teacher who had been sacked for getting a bit 'too friendly' with the kids.

Because You’ve Changed Dramatically – If you’ve lost a ton of weight or were the ugly duckling that became a swan in college or later in life, there’s something very satisfying about showing up to your high school reunion to flaunt those changes. 

I went to my  25th. Will never attend another one.

I did once. It was lame. Lamer than actual high school. 

I think it depends on the person.  My high school's 10 and 20 year reunions were both cancelled due to lack of interest.  I certainly would not go - I have more important things to do, like ponder what breakfast cereal I should have this morning.

• Sathi

My high school has annual all-school reunions. Everyone can attend. There are individual class reunions, but a member of that class has to do the organizing on his/her own. My class had a reunion a few years back, but the organizer only reached out to people she could find on Facebook. There was little to no effort to find anyone else. Predictably, attendance was a fraction of what it should have been. So lame.

• drip

I went to the first one my HS had. I really enjoyed it.  There were a lot of people there.  I wish I went to the second one at 20 years. There were more people there and some I really would of liked to catch up with. Didn’t go to the 30th and glad I didn’t.  I came from a large high HS. Looking at the photos from the last one I really didn’t know many people that were there.