Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

Do smartphones cause brain cancer?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The results of scientific studies so far have not proven it. The spectrum used is not assumed to be in range that significantly damages cells. Also, now there are more cellphone towers, your smartphone won't be radiating its outgoing as strongly as it used to need to do. However, using a phone also causes localised heating and that's going to alter your metabolism. The major threat from smartphone use is distraction which causes accidents and other bad decision-making. Then there's eyestrain and hearing loss.  

If a study ever does prove a cancer link then all those who have stated that it doesn't or cannot cause it are going to be in very serious trouble, just like the tobacco companies were over the selling of cigarettes.  I remain very suspiscious of the safety of being bathed in radiation from comms equipment; it definitely makes me feel 'on-edge' and disrupts my sleep patterns. So the effects of stress hormones are the damage it is doing to me already.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, it is widely believed they can though rarely. 

• hart
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes" if you have one

• 1 month ago

Maybe is not good for the health although there are people says yes or no but in my opinion is not goog for our health 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no no they do not

• Yes. You bouta be a walking growth up in here. Full on zombie mode

• 1 month ago

The ionizing radiation given off by sources such as x-ray machines and the sun boosts cancer risk by shredding molecules in the body. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We don't know, yet.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think so. They may cause headaches or eye strain though.

• 1 month ago

No. Despite extensive testing over many years, NO HARM has been shown to be caused by mobile phones, including smart phones.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.