Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 month ago

Why do some people want a zombie apocalypse to be real?

Why would anyone want to live like that i mean seriously.

People tend to watch a lot of TV shows and movies about zombies and become enamored with the idea that they could happen or be real. Obviously this cannot happen because the body cannot live or function without the mind. I have seen some people that convince themselves that it could be a possibility or a future event. I don't foresee that happening at all. And those random cases of people attacking others and biting them are just coincidental and random cases brought about by some sort of mental issue, drugs, or a combination of both. I think people would really like that to happen because of that one show The Walking Dead. I thought the show was garbage and I was not impressed by the storyline. Humans would not sit there and attack other humans or trade them, enslave them, or kill them, or experiment on them for fun. The possibility of zombies is purely fantasy nothing more.

Nothing like the vast if not eternal and infinite collective unconscious mind of the human being.  Can be a horribly turbulent place.  An ocean under siege by a hurricane is like one molecule lost in a universe boiling hot from all the gas within.  Get everyone of one mind and the current is strong.  Too strong for most to evade.  And there we go all crazy panicked beyond hope.  Years later when the storms have gone and it is all calm again, very few rise up out of it enough to understand it.  Much less manage it. 

Because they're kids, that's why.  I'm not sure how you didn't already know this, but children are actually expected to exhibit childlike thoughts and behaviour.

• Mike W

They want it for the kicks.  Things are getting a bit dull around here, a good Zombie apocalypse might just liven up the place.  

Just for excitement.

• Robin

yes so all the stupid people can get eaten lol

It's not what we want. It's what the world needs.

• ?

I think the main attraction to any sort of apocalyptic scenario is that it wpuld hugely simplify life. Modern life is complicated and stressful, theres so many things ypu have to do or avoid, all sorts of social and cultural pitfalls to navigate  In a zombie apocalypse all you have to do is survive.