Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

what think of people that drive expensive vehicles like a Lexus SUV? (how they see spending that much money on a vehicle is not disgusting)?

I see them as very selfish, but i am sure they would think i am just jealous,,right?

• Jeff D

Maybe they spend a lot of time in their car, or they need a nice car to impress clients, or maybe they just like expensive vehicles.  Why do you care and why do you think it's any of your business?

• F

Assuming they earn the money legally, it’s none of your business . Why do people always think they have a right to dictate what other people do with their money esp when they have more than you do? 

Yes You are jealous.

• Mike W

I don't care what they drive, so long as they don't try to get me to pay for it.  

• P

Company cars !             

• not true. Doing something you love, and making money, and buying beautiful tings is just a by product of what people enjoying doing. 

We are heading into a recession and hungered people driven into recession strapped for cash frantically search for someone to blame. alternatively the need to expunge wealthy consumerism is a way to push a nation into poverty and lowered living standards. there may be another viewpoint but all these signs are stigmata o things.

And to manage all that I have this super good moral value that makes it nice not to covet things that others have.  It is a super nice way to channel the hormones that make me comfortable instead of uncomfortable.  A stress management tool. 

Kind of quick on the judgment button, aren't you?

For all you know, that person driving what you consider a luxury car donates a full third of his or her income to worthy causes, or twenty hours a week to Habitat for Humanity on top of a full-time job. They may be far more a generous and giving person than the selfish one you've assumed.

If a person has the income, they get to spend it how they choose. I consider a really nice car a valid choice, especially for a person who spends a lot of time behind the wheel. I spend a lot of time at home, so I put my money into that--am I selfish, or do I get a pass because I drive a 2004 Volvo?

• kswck2

I don't drive one of those. Can I afford it? Yes. But I drive a minivan, it is much more compatible for me. It does what i need it to do.  I believe that super expensive fancy cars are only for the Truly Vain. 

People enjoy different things.  I care more about reliability and practicallity in a vehicle.  However I enjoy good food and good restaurants and often wind up with tabs approaching 300 dollars for a meal for two (haven't done that for a few months now though).  I don't judge people on what they like to do with their income.

• Ryde0n

Yes , some people are just too ignorant to distinguish the difference between a cheap vehicle and a quality vehicle .