in 1973 what was the retail price on a 1973 yamaha dt 175 motorcycle?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • (A)
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Back then the 175 was about $725.00

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What is the difference?  That is in 1973 dollars so whatever number it was would be a higher number today as the dollar value has gone DOWN SINCE THEN.  You can't buy a new 1973 yamaha today.  You got to buy a used one and its worth is what you are willing to pay.(Most should be the junk yard by now)

• adam
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

around 850 dollars from what I see online MSRP

• Anton
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I bought  a new '74 DT 175 -- don't remember the cost, but I bought it cash.

As a on-off pavement bike, it was a compromise.  I swapped the front sprocket for one bigger and one smaller.  One was on dirt, top speed was 50 mph, but would crawl over anything.  The other was geared for speed, and would cruise at 65mph.  Rode that bike for over 13 years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not sure but my Dad had one (almost new) and it was the weakest POS that we ever owned and we owned a LOT of dirt bikes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I can't provide an exact answer, but it was probably about £300 which was a lot of money back then. 

My father had a Honda 50 in 1971 which cost him £135 brand new so I'm basing my estimate on that.

• 1 month ago

Not sure but I think the DT 175 model started for the 1974 model year. NADA guides is broken for this model, was hoping they would show the original price. It was probably in the $6-800 dollar range.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.