Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

confused about my credit?

thanks for taking time to read my question. so i’ve been working on my credit for a little over a year. i have 3 different apps i check my credit on, credit karma, and then my 2 banking companies with who i have credit cards with. they all give me different scores. all fairly similar, all within 10 point of each other but i was just wondering if this is normal or how would i get my real credit score? thanks y’all 

It's perfectly normal. don't be concerned about the variations between the scores. It happens all the time. It just depends tons on who reports to which bureaus and once they do the reporting.

It's perfectly normal. Don't worry about the variations between the scores. It happens all the time. It just depends a lot on who reports to which bureaus and when they do the reporting. 

It is not normal for them to be within 10 points of each other.

To get a real credit score, go to myfico.com and pay for it.  Any score that you can get for free is extremely unlikely to be your real score, and is more likely to be 50-150 points from it.

Yes, slight differences are normal and nothing to worry about.

LOTS of educational material on credit karma and others. Read.

For 99.999% there is no reason to pay for a "real" credit score ever.

That is normal, each agency has a different credit scoring model

What you need to be concerned is your FICO score, that is what the creditors look at 

• Judy

normal........................

Yes. Each one of those services should tell you how they got your score. So compare them and you'll have your answer.

• DON W

Your "real" credit score, at least the one that is most highly used, is the one calculated by Fair, Isaacs & Co., and known as your "FICO Score".

Some banks/credit cards provide it for free, and your score will say "FICO".  If you can't get it that way, you can purchase it directly from Fair, Isaacs at their website, www.myfico.com.  I believe it's about $20.

With that said, your free scores being "all within 10 points" is probably all you need.

There are three different credit bureaus and each will have a slightly different score for you each month.  What you describe is normal.

If you want your real-time score from each bureau, you can purchase it directly from each bureau.

• A

the 3 credit bureau reporting agencies are Equifax, Transunion, and Experion, they are the ones that banks look at and their scoring is a little different from each other,  10 pts is really nothing, What is on your credit report is more important than the actual score.  You can get copies of your credit report from all 3 agencies once per calendar year by going to www.annualcreditreport.com,