Animal killed a deer a drug it up a tree?

What kind of car would drag a deer up a tree in the state of ohio?

The only animal it could have possibly been is a mountain lion.

However,

Despite the occasional report, there have been no confirmed sightings of mountain lions in Ohio. If there are any, then they are incredibly rare. If you saw a dead deer in a tree, then it's most likely there because a human put it there.

• D50

In the state of Ohio, the only animal licensed to drive a car (of any kind) is a human. Therefore, I think a human probably dragged the deer into the tree. Probably in order to spread a rumor about leopards on the loose.

I find this scenerio really hard to believe

When an animal (one capable of killing a deer) does so, they eat the animal's corspe on the ground, and they leave the bones/skull on the ground, they don't pick up the body and drag it up a tree.

I would say the likley animal that killed a deer would be a coyote, or pack of coyotes. There are no wolves anywhere in Ohio, a bear wouldn't go after a full sized deer, and lynx are so incredibly rare in Ohio that I doubt that was the case, Bobcats exist but won't take out a deer.

Source(s): Had tons of deer at Dad's place/grandparents cottage, my grandfather was an avid hunter.

Cougar no doubt.

• JimZ

I had an International Scout II that could do it.  

Maybe a Ford?  Or perhaps a Chevy?  Or it might have been a Toyota.

Probably the people in the car.

a mountain lion is capable of dragging a kill up a tree, and they do to store their kill in a safe spot out of reach of the coyotes and other predatory animals that would finish it off, especially other mountain lions where territories overlap, or right after the youngsters leave their mom. they show that trick to their kits to teach them that vital strategy of keeping a kill from something you cannot defend against, like large canine packs or a bear. even humans. people like to film such events in nature, but mountain lions like their privacy so will drag it off and eat their fill then hide it. 

• L.N.

Human hunters do that to protect a kill from predators like wolves, coyotes and bears. No animals in Ohio that could do it.

big cats are the only animal that does that...i think all of them do that...call animal control