Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Why do people do this ?

Whenever I go in public, like doctor offices, malls, supermarkets, parks etc. Parents start cuddling their kids and gushing about how much they love them. It seems to be like their putting on a show whenever I walk by. It seems to be like they're trying to make me jealous or feel bad about myself. They fail to realize I have a husband at my own home who loves me a lot, and I don't want those parent's love. But why do they have to act like that. It's so disgusting. 

I’m sorry your parents didn’t show affection for you growing up, but normal parents do show affection for their children.

What's better than that is when parents correct kids in public places

• GB

Please don't have kids. You sound far too immature if you think the world revolves around you. The chances are if you have kids, your husband will show affection towards them, and it sounds like you will have a tantrum if he does.

I think you are projecting whatever it is you feel you are not getting, honestly, most people are just as selfish as you are and are not paying attention to you. 

• L

They do this because they LOVE their children - NORMAL!  GROW UP SNOWFLAKE.

-×(*)×-

While I doubt they are trying to imprėśs yôu

nor any1 else I'd also be reluctant în såyîńg 

there is any genuine bonding btwn thėîr kîd's 

& them !!!

-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-

• LizB

Parents loving on their kids has absolutely nothing to do with you.

I suspect you think you are far more valuable to the world than you are.  Everyone does this?  You are the common denominator.

• A

I truly doubt these people are all trying to impress you- a total stranger.  They are doing what they always do with their kids, too bad you don't recognize this as the normal thing it is

If you think it's directed at you, your perceptions of the world might be off.