Our company laid us off and are now trying to turn us into 1099 employees. If I don’t sign the agreement am I bound to the agreement?

Our company laid us off due to Coronavirus. We were briefly rehired under PPP & laid off again when the money ran out. Last week we were informed that we are now considered 1099 employees. They emailed us the agreement to sign & quite honestly the contract is an employment agreement, not a true 1099. If I refuse to sign but continue to work am I bound to the contract?? I’m currently on unemployment but still answering calls & emails. At this point I’m considering contacting EOC.

Would appreciate any advice.

1099 contractors.  You would no longer be an employee.   If you don't like it, by all means find another job.  If you don't sign it, you wont' continue work, you will be choosing to leave.  

You don't call EOC, you call your state's labor department.