Trump said that school children were being taught to hate their country. How are they doing that? Why would he say such a horrible thing?

I've worked in classrooms for years (in a half-dozen different school districts) and have only seen patriotism. I've only seen history taught from a very respectful point of view. I remember that school in New Jersey for Presidents' Day, each classroom had to write a song for a different (assigned) president to present at a Presidents' Day assembly. The right-wing wackos went bezerk when the classroom presented theirs on Obama. What is wrong with you people?!?

Well, Lee's not a brat, it's been Trump's method of operating ever since he got elected. He deliberately divides the country and gets his followers to believe that everyone who's against him is against America. It's worked so far. Unfortunately and understandably many people are unhappy with our government (including me) and the gutless people in Congress who care more about being reelected than doing their job. I'm hoping after his latest stupid  behavior recently that people will wake up and realize he's an ignorant demagogue who cares more for himself than anyone else on the planet. The divisive remarks he made at his 4th of July speech, his gassing and forcing peaceful demonstrators away from the White House so he could hold up a bible (which I'm sure he's never read) for a photo op....All of these things. Lincoln said you can't fool all of the people all of the time. I'm hoping that a number of his followers will begin to see what a hypocrite and lier he is and decide that as bad as they believe Biden is, at least he won't continue to tear America apart.

• Prince

Some people are truly beyond Words. By the time Adolf Hitler was telling his Whoppers you were stupid to keep arguing. They'd picked their Side and were committed to Their atrocities and words would never hurt Them. 

Why do you care what Trump says, you may as well visit a psych ward then go home angry over what they say

• L

President Trump ALWAYS tells the TRUTH.  Today's school districts are forcing the school principals to demand the teachers do NOT teach American History and force them to Hate America instead.  If you have witnessed otherwise, then you were fortunate to work in a classroom with a school district run by Conservatives.  ALL American schools MUST be this way.

There are some truth to it.

I think there is a lot of truth to it. BLM has their racist hands in the school, so black kids are being taught that they are superior to whites and white people resent the sense of entitlement that BLM is giving to black kids and they grow up being angry with each other and don't even know why. LGBT has their supremacist ideas shoved in kids faces, so anyone who doesn't agree with that is punished by the thought police, so they grow up with resentment. Feminists are teaching boys that they are inferior to anyone who is female, and they grow up resenting each other and don't know why. They have someone else's hate for authority shoved at them and if they even do much as ask questions about any of this they are punished. Ignorant teachers try to rewire history to support whatever is popular at the moment. School is used to push an unquestionable leftist agenda and anyone who doesn't confirm is punished. I know these poor kids, and this is what happens.... I could write a lot more, but I know what going to be said. Some will get it, some will remain ignorant.

• Ann

Really? They're being taught that our country was founded by evil people. I've in several school districts as well and I've seen the lies that our education system tells kids. I was forced in a faculty meeting to here some Black person tell us that every White person in that room was a racist because we are White. Just because you've never experienced it in the very small number of districts and rooms you've been in, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I saw it in the whatever thing Biden was doing with that "media" teacher who teachers her students that they're all victims.

Trump is the messenger of hate. Muslim ban, people f/ shithole countries, people south of the border are rapists etc. This kind of messaging resonates w/ trumpsters. He got enough of them to get elected and hasn't stopped since.

Trump's got Alzheimer's and has completely lost touch with reality.  That's why he says such ridiculous things.

Then your experience and knowledge is limited. It is happening every day in this country. But since we are using personal experiences. I will share mine. I had a discussing with a high school teacher 5 years ago who said he wanted his students to learn that America is a racist country and minorities are second class citizens. To make a long story short. This man had an agenda. And teaching truth was not one of them.  

not everyone has the same experiences as you