If I get caught coronavirus, what happens ? ?

Firstly I get to be hospitalized ? .. And when can I get cured and get out.? ... Or ever die ? ..

• Favourite answer

If you think you have it, call your doctor. They should tell you if you need to get tested for it. As for being hospitalized, that depends on how sever your case is. If you have a compromised immune system, or health issues that could aggravate it, then you can end up being hospitalized. Most people get over it with a few weeks of self isolation, staying at home as much as possible and try not to have close contact with any one. Currently there is no cure for covid 19. When you're feeling better, get re tested. If you're negative then you can stop self isolating. 

• D1218

Yeah...your life is pretty much over unless you get treated in time.

You could received out patient treatment as the hospitals are over crowed not, but you would have to self isolate and take medication that probably would not work.

If you were hospitalized and recovered, you would be released you would be expected to follow a medical plan to prevent you from getting it again.  If you didn;t respond to treatment you would die.

About 20% of people who catch the coronavirus end up needing to be hospitalized.  (I heard that percentage on the news)

That means about 80% of people can handle the virus without needing actual hospital care.  (It would be just a very bad flu that makes you feel miserable for several days or even a few weeks)

How long until your better just depends on how your body handles the virus.  That also determines if you would die or not.

It depends on how sick you get.

• Edwena

It sounds like you are still school age. First you should be aware that vaccines for the common diseases have not been around very long.   Every kid used to catch the measles, chicken pox, mumps.  It was part of growing up.  But that was better than the earlier generations with added whooping cough, rheumatic fever, typhoid.  And of course there was polio.  So, the point is that kids used to get so sick they would die. And the point to that is that there are no guarantees in life.  What will happen is that you will get sick but not sick enough to go to the hospital because there is little that they can do there that they can't do at home, and they don't want you infecting somebody else. How sick you will get is not known.   But it could be sick enough to lay in bed and suffer. Chances are it will be not be that bad, but bad enough to remember. This Wuhan flu takes about 2 weeks to get through, then a slow improvement.  Welcome to the real world.  It is not a video game.

• Adam

There is plenty of information about this online, I had symptoms, a fever and struggled to breathe but never got it checked out as I was self isolating anyway, really wasn’t that bad, but again I never got tested.