Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why are so many men against feminism? Is it an ego problem or ignorance?

Obviously if feminism is taken to the extreme, it turns toxic just like any other ideology!

However, at least to me it's about women's rights and women being equal to men, not better and certainly not worse.

I can understand them hating on extremist feminists who take everything too far and hate men....but not when women are sticking up for their rights.

@kowbunga, but it's because of feminism that women can do all these things! Women were all seen as less than in the past and that's why they couldn't vote in the first place. Why should you get rid of feminism if it's opened up doors to women?

@kowbunga, also in places such as saudi arabia, women do not have equal rights lol That's why there are so many activists.

'Of course; on purpose you over looked the fact that women are against feminism.' No, it just didn't come to mind because most of the people hating feminism are not women even though there are women that hate it. If you go onto any comment section on youtube about feminism, it's mostly men who hate it. Which is why I asked the question. Also,'the fact that women are against feminism' is not a fact because it's *some women* that women in general.

not* women in general. 

Men don,t want to give up all their privileges. Eg 

Earning more money,

• Elana

Before we answer that, why not answer a more fundamental question:  Why are an increasing number of WOMEN disassociating themselves with feminism?

Answer that, and I think you get the answer to why men find it problematic.

Many men have to control a woman and feminism makes that hard for them, because women don't take that crap anymore (if they're smart!)

Most men under 50 were raised by "feminist" mothers in that they held equal footing in the household, had jobs and were considered viable adults by their husbands. So they're used to and okay with that. It's the "4th wave" brand, that was truly just designed to protect women in media jobs, that many perceive as a bridge too far. This isn't because most guys will ever wield the power of a Harvey Weinstein or Matt Lauer. It's because corporations now are too quick to jump on every Twitter trend and overcorrect even if they aren't at fault. So innocent men are being put on warning for things they've never done and would never even consider doing, and that's troubling. 

I am a woman and I'm against feminism.

Because what feminism today is, not what I could stand for.

Creating divide, hating men, demand rights but not responsibilities is not something I like. 

Feminists don't understand that we will always be different. Not superior or inferior, just simply different. 

• Tom

Save for a small minority, I think most men, like me,  have no problems with giving Women EQUAL rights and status.   But a Lot of the feminist groups and politicians want to give women MORE than "equal" rights and "Special privileges" for votes, of course----And we also see many "feminist" groups taken over by the lesbian crowd and Socialists---who have agendas other than equal rights for women---but accuse those who expose them as being somehow "Sexist".------This also turns off ordinary women who see through the phoniness' and feel insulted that they are being fooled and exploited by them.

Feminism should be about bring women up and encouraging female empowerment.

Modern day feminism is all about hating men, bringing men down and granting women special rights .

• Bill

Why should women be considered equal to men? For that matter, why should men want women to be equal to them? What do men get out of the exchange? The truth is feminism is and has always been a rebellion movement against men that strips men of power for nothing in return. You ask men to support your rebellion and yet you don't have any reason for them to do so. 

The fact is men are worse of today than they were in the 1960's and most of that has to do with feminism and its affects on society and the family. Your movement not only stripped men of power and their place in society, but it effectively ruined them. You want me to support a movement that ruined men and I simply have no reason to do so. 

Would you support a movement that stripped women of their place in society and left them worse off? How many men today can support a family on their income? Want to take a guess? Go on, take a wild guess. Now tell me, why should I support that? You have nothing that I want, you offer me nothing, and you will never offer me anything because it is not your interest to do so. You see, I'm just acting like you are and for me that means opposing your movement and its goals. 

Also, women could vote in the past under the same laws as men. It was only for a few short years in the 20th century that the voting rights for men and women were different. 

Of course; on purpose you over looked the fact that women are against feminism. Of course; it is painful.  By the way you don't hear anti-feminists women saying the chit I've seen some of the answers and you feminists call yourselves strong. 

they just dont like it